This is a list of Web sites that feature medical
disorders frequently seen in our office. I have reviewed each of these sites, and found them to be easy to navigate and very
informative. If you have questions about the content of a site, print a copy of what you have read, and bring it with you
to your next office visit.
This is a great Web site for information about endometriosis. The hosts publish a free monthly newsletter available on the
- www.psoriasis.org This Web site is hosted by
the National Psoriasis Foundation, and is a great resource for patients with psoriasis.
- www.arthritis.org This Web site is hosted by the Arthritis Foundation, and is very helpful for patients
with both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
This Web site is hosted by the American Cancer Society, and is a great resource for patients and loved ones of patients with
- www.kidney.org This Web site is hosted by the
National Kidney Foundation, and details an assortment of kidney disorders.
- www.lungusa.org This is the Web site of the American Lung Association, and is a great resource for smoke-related
illnesses and other lung disorders, including asthma, COPD and allergies.
- www.diabetes.org This is the Web site of the American Diabetes Association. It is a great resource for
education about diabetes and related topics.
This Web site is hosted by the American Heart Association, and is an excellent resource for those with questions about cardiac
- www.sleepapnea.org This is the Web site
of the American Sleep Apnea Association, a non-profit organization that deals with sleep apnea. It provides information about
sleep apnea and sponsors support groups for patients and loved ones.
This is the Web site of the Centers for Disease Control, in Atlanta, Georgia. It is an excellent resource for travel medicine
questions, vaccinations, and other concerns.
This is great Web site. Information is available about disorders, medicines, and even some supplements and natural products.
- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi This
Web site, called Pub Med, is hosted by the National Library of Medicine. It is a very complete resource for general medical
concerns. Much of the information cited is technical, and might be a little over the head for an average reader.
- www.webmd.com WebMD is an excellent source of information about a
wide array of medical concerns.
- www.mayo.edu This Web
site is hosted by the Mayo Clinic, and is a good source of information about a number of medical topics.
- www.who.int This is the Web site of the World Health Organization. The WHO
is a truly wonderful group of people in many nations of the world whose mission is the complete physical, mental and social
well-being of all people. The Web site is a great resource for those interested in international health issues.